- Job title: Ethnic Cook
- Number of positions: 2
- Wages: $15.00/hour
- Hours per week: 40
- Qualification: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate. Certificate course in Hotel management.
- Work experience: 2+ Years of work experience in South Indian cooking.
- Length of the employment: 2 years’ temporary contract.
- Credentials: Safe Food Handling Certificate can be an asset, can be obtained upon starting work
- Free work meal and discounted meal during off work
- Staff accommodation available
- Approximate start date: March 15,2017
We are an equal opportunity employer, seeking applications from all candidates like first nations, students, veterans, persons with disabilities, new comers etc, but will consider the candidates those who meet the job requirements.
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods(ethnic foods)
- Prepare and cook South Indian traditional foods without any supervision
- Prepare and cook special meals as instructed by chef
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Set up and oversee buffets
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
- Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
Chimney Fresh is a South Indian restaurant renowned for excellent traditional cuisine and service.
Skills and requirements
- Qualification: Secondary(high) school graduation certificate
- Work experience: 2 Years
- Basic knowledge in English
- Ability to meet the targets and work in fast paced situation
- Long time standing required
- May hire and train the other kitchen staff
- Should be a good team player
- Job Type: Temporary
- High school or equivalent
- Cook: 2+ years
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel.905 565 6959 | 905 499 3498